CHEM Trust is happy to announce that we are now looking for applicants for our sixth 12 month paid internship, paid at the London Living Wage (£10.75 per hour plus pension contributions), 5 days per week.
We are a small, dynamic and influential charity, working mainly at EU and UK levels to protect humans and wildlife from harmful chemicals.
- Helping to develop our campaigning and advocacy work;
- Keeping our funders informed of our work;
- Improving our communication with key audiences;
- Ensuring that the organisation works effectively.
As we are a small NGO you will have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of our work, and learn from the team’s extensive experience of campaigning, advocacy and policymaking.
At the moment we are focussed on: getting controls on chemicals that disrupt our sensitive hormone systems; improving laws on chemicals in food packaging; raising awareness of persistent chemicals in the marine environment, and reducing the risks posed by Brexit to the regulation of chemicals in the UK.
CHEM Trust’s current Campaign intern, Ellie Hawke said:
“Throughout the 12 months I really felt the benefits of working in a small team, as I could gain experience across the range of issues that CHEM Trust works on. It was also great to work alongside people with so much experience in policy processes and chemicals regulations. The whole team is very friendly and supportive, and they were keen to help me develop in the role. I’m very happy to be staying on at CHEM Trust and look forward to working closely with the new intern.”
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV
- A 2-4 page (max) covering letter explaining (with examples) how you would be a good fit for the role outlined in the job description.
- NB: Your CV or the cover letter should include the names and contact details of two references with knowledge of your work
Send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 9am UK time on Monday 6th January 2020. Unfortunately, we only have the capacity to contact shortlisted candidates.
We are currently planning to interview shortlisted candidates on Wednesday 15th January 2020.
The role is due to start in late January 2020 or early February 2020.