CHEM Trust is happy to announce that we are now looking for applicants for our seventh 12 month paid internship, paid at the London Living Wage (£10.85 per hour plus pension contributions), 5 days per week.
We are a small, dynamic and influential charity, working mainly at EU and UK levels to protect humans and wildlife from harmful chemicals.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, as they are currently under-represented in the UK charity sector.
This role, on a 12-month fixed term contract, includes:
- Helping to develop our campaigning and advocacy work;
- Ensuring timely information for our funders about our work.
- Improving our communication with key audiences;
- Ensuring that the organisation works effectively;
As we are a small NGO you will have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of our work, and learn from the team’s extensive experience of campaigning, advocacy and policymaking.
At the moment we are focussed on: getting controls on chemicals that disrupt our sensitive hormone systems; improving laws on chemicals in food packaging; raising awareness of persistent chemicals in the marine environment and ensuring that the UK maintains an effective chemicals regulatory system now we have left the EU.
CHEM Trust’s current Campaign intern, Anabel Bennett said:
“Throughout my time at CHEM Trust I really felt the benefits of working in a small team, as I could gain experience across the range of issues that CHEM Trust works on. This role would suit a person looking to gain plenty of hands-on experience in science communications and fundraising.
It was also great to work alongside people with so much experience in policy processes and chemicals regulations. The whole team is very friendly and supportive, and they were keen to help me develop in the role.”
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV (2 sides max)
- A 2-4 page (max) covering letter explaining (with examples) how you would be a good fit for the role outlined in the job description.
- NB: Your CV or the cover letter should include the names and contact details of two references with knowledge of your work
- In your CV or cover letter please confirm you have the right to live and work in the UK
Send the application to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 9am UK time on Monday 24th May 2021.
Unfortunately, we only have the capacity to contact shortlisted candidates.
We are currently planning to interview shortlisted candidates in the week commencing 7th June 2021. Interviews will take place virtually (via Zoom).