CHEM Trust is pleased to announce that we are now looking for applicants for our 12 month paid internship; salary £22,500, for 5 days per week.
We are a small, dynamic and influential charity, working mainly at EU and UK levels to protect humans and wildlife from harmful chemicals.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, as they are currently under-represented in the UK charity sector.
This role, on a 12-month fixed term contract, includes:
- Helping to develop our campaigning and advocacy work;
- Ensuring timely information for our funders about our work.
- Improving our communication with key audiences;
- Ensuring that the organisation works effectively.
As we are a small NGO you will have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of our work, and learn from the team’s extensive experience of campaigning, advocacy and policymaking.
At the moment we are focussed on: ensuring harmful chemicals are removed from consumer products; getting controls on chemicals that disrupt our sensitive hormone systems; improving laws on chemicals in food packaging; raising awareness of persistent chemicals in the environment and ensuring that the UK maintains an effective chemicals regulatory system post-Brexit.
CHEM Trust’s current Campaign Intern, Chloe Topping said:
“The intern role provides an excellent opportunity to understand how an NGO operates from many different angles from campaigning to fundraising and governance.
CHEM Trust is a highly respected organisation and the expertise and rigour of the team is really reflected internally. You will be surrounded by people who are motivated to make the world a better place through taking the most up-to-date science and proposing policy solutions to protect us and the environment from harmful chemicals. If you are looking to be dipped into the world of environmental policy and campaigning this is the role for you!”
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV;
- A 2-4 page (max) covering letter explaining (with examples) how you meet each of the required (and desirable, if possible) skills as outlined in this job description;
- Your CV or the cover letter should include the names and contact details of two references with knowledge of your work;
- In your CV or cover letter please confirm you have the right to live and work in the UK.
Send the application to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 12 midnight UK time on Friday 20th May.
We plan to interview shortlisted candidates virtually (via Zoom) in the week commencing June 6th.
We are looking to have someone in the role from July 2022.
Unfortunately, we only have the capacity to contact shortlisted candidates.