Joint NGO letter to European Chemicals Agency posing 7 key questions on the 10th anniversary of the REACH chemicals law, November 2016
- A joint letter, signed by CHEM Trust, from European environmental organisations, asking for answers to seven questions on how the European Chemicals Agency is implementing the REACH chemicals law. This letter has been reported on by Chemical Watch.
Response to a UK Government consultation on updating furniture fire safety regulations, November 2016
- CHEM Trust submitted comments to a UK Government consultation on the UK Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations, in particular emphasising the need to reduce dependance on flame retardants.
Comments on a Draft report for UNEP, entitled “Overview Report I: A Compilation of Lists of Chemicals Recognised as Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) or Suggested as Potential EDCs“, September 2016
- CHEM Trust submitted comments on this report, welcoming it and suggesting improvements.
Signatory to Global Vision for a Future Free of Plastic Pollution, September 2016
- CHEM Trust joined with NGOs from around Europe, and across the world, to sign up to a new Global Vision for a Future Free of Plastic Pollution.
Submission to informal UK Health and Safety Executive Consultation on EDC Criteria, September 2016
- CHEM Trust submitted a response to an informal consultation as part of the UK Government’s development of a position on the EU EDC criteria.
Joint statement on hazardous flame retardants in furniture, September 2016
- CHEM Trust joined with other environmental groups, the European Furniture Industry Association, The European Fire Fighter Unions Alliance and others to call for improved furniture fire safety standards that do not require hazardous flame retardant chemicals.
Joint letter to EU Member States regarding a proposed restriction on PFOA-related substances, September 2016
- A joint NGO letter to EU Member State representatives asking them to strengthen proposed restrictions on PFOA and related substances. Press release from IPEN here, more information on PFOA and other perfluorinated chemicals on our PFCs page.
Response to the EU Commission consultation on EDC Criteria, July 2016
Joint letter to EU Parliament President Schulz on TTIP, July 2016
- A joint NGO letter to European Parliament President Schulz, expressing our serious concerns that the European Commission is failing to respect the European Parliament’s 2015 Resolution on TTIP. See also press release.
Joint letter to Commission President Juncker on EDC Criteria, June 2016
- A joint NGO letter to European Commission President Juncker regarding the setting of criteria to identify EDC chemicals.
Response to the Commission’s consultation on the non-REACH REFIT, May 2016
- A CHEM Trust response to the Commission’s consultation on the non-REACH Regulatory Fitness Check, or REFIT.
Joint letter to Commissioners Timmermans, Vella and Bienkowska regarding the non-REACH REFIT failing ‘Better Regulation’ guidelines, May 2016
- A joint NGO letter to European Commission First Vice President Frans Timmermans and Commissioners Vella and Bienkowska regarding the ongoing non-REACH chemicals ‘Regulatory Fitness Check’ or REFIT, which is not following Better Regulation guidelines. This letter has been covered by Chemical Watch.
- Within days of the receipt of this letter the Commission published their Roadmap for the non-REACH chemicals REFIT. Its file name starts ‘2015-‘, suggesting that it was completed some months ago.
Response to a consultation on CLP and related legislation, as part of the non-REACH REFIT, April 2016
- A CHEM Trust response to a targeted stakeholder consultation on the regulatory fitness check for the Classification and Labelling (CLP) Regulation and related legislation, part of the non-REACH Regulatory Fitness Check, or REFIT.
Response to UK House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee inquiry on the environmental impact of microplastics, April 2016
- A CHEM Trust response to the House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee inquiry on the Environmental Impacts of Microplastics.
- CHEM Trust’s submission was quoted in the final report from this committee (see page 22).
Joint NGO letter to REACH committee regarding Bisphenol A and DEHP, April 2016
- A joint NGO letter to EU government representatives on the REACH Committee, concerning the proposed restriction on Bisphenol A in thermal paper (see our previous blog for more details) and DEHP in recycled PVC consumer goods (see earlier blog for background).
Joint NGO letter to UK MEPs on glyphosate, April 2016
- A joint NGO letter to UK MEPs calling for them to vote to object to a proposal from the Commission to renew the authorisation to use glyphosate.
Joint NGO letter to Environment Ministers on Endocrine Disruptors, February 2016
- A joint letter from the EDC Free coalition, including CHEM Trust, sent to EU Environment Ministers on 29th February 2016, asking them to call on the European Commission to set criteria to identify endocrine disrupters based on 3 categories.
CHEM Trust Briefing: Chemicals in food contact materials: A gap in the internal market, a failure in public protection, January 2016
- Chemicals in food contact materials: A gap in the internal market, a failure in public protection, CHEM trust policy briefing, January 2016
Joint CHEM Trust and Greenpeace response to a consultation on the UK’s Chemicals Stakeholder Forum, January 2016
- CHEM Trust and Greenpeace jointly submitted a response to a UK government consultation on the future of the UK’s Chemicals Stakeholder Forum.
Joint UK NGO and Union letter to Commissioner Andriukaitis regarding setting criteria to identify EDC chemicals, January 2016.
- CHEM Trust joined with health NGOs, the Unite Union, the Soil Association and the Land Workers Alliance to send a letter to EU Health Commissioner Andriukaitis about the issue of setting criteria to identify Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals. He replied to our letter in February 2016.
Joint NGO letter to President Juncker regarding the European Court of Justice ruling on the Commission’s failure to set criteria to identify Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals, January 2016
- CHEM Trust, EEB, HEAL and PAN jointly sent a letter to President Juncker, copied to First Vice President Timmermans and Commissioners Andriukaitis and Vella, criticising the Commission’s inaction following the ECJ ruling.
Policy statements from previous years
- EU policy statements 2021-2022
- UK policy statements 2021-2022
- Policy statements in 2020
- Policy statements in 2019
- Policy statements in 2018
- Policy statements in 2017
- Policy statements in 2015
- Policy statements in 2014
- Policy statements in 2013
- Policy statements in 2012
- Policy statements in 2011
- Policy statements in 2007-2010