A letter to the new EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, Stella Kyriakides, December 2019
- See this blog for details.
Joint NGO comments to the draft European regulation on PFOA, December 2019
- CHEM Trust joined with other NGOs to send comments to the public consultation on the draft regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the listing of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA- related compounds.
CHEM Trust’s comments to European Food Safety Authority’s consultation on cumulative risk assessment of pesticides, November 2019.
- CHEM Trust submitted comments to EFSA’s public consultation on two assessments considering the effects of exposure to pesticide mixtures.
A joint letter to the incoming European Commission President, Ursula von der Leyen, November 2019.
- CHEM Trust joined with other NGOs to send a letter to the incoming president of the European Commission on the need for a new European Chemicals Strategy in order to deliver the European Green New Deal. The letter was accompanied by a more detailed Technical Annex. EEB published a press release highlighting the link to the EU’s Human Biomonitoring Programme.
Joint NGOs position paper for an impactful restriction of microplastics and letter to EU ministers, November 2019.
- CHEM Trust joined with 32 European NGOs to send a letter accompanied by a position paper to European Environment Ministers and members of the CARACAL advisory group on REACH calling for a strong and impactful restriction on microplastics.
CHEM Trust comments to EHCA’s consultations for the identification of two short-chain PFAS as SVHC, April 2019 and October 2019.
- CHEM Trust submitted comments to the European Chemical Agency consultation about the identification about two short-chain PFAS as substance of very high concern. HFPO-DA and its salts and its acyl halides in April 2019 and PFBS and its salts in October 2019. Our full comments and a description of the context can be found here.
CHEM Trust Letter to the UK Food Standard Agency to call for actions on PFAS, October 2019
- CHEM Trust sent a letter to the UK Food Standard Agency asking what action they were taking on PFAS. You can read more in our blog here. The FSA responded to our letter in November 2019.
A joint letter on a proposal for a restriction on tattoo inks and permanent make up, October 2019.
- CHEM Trust signed up to a joint NGO letter to the REACH committee for a restriction on tattoo inks and permanent make up.
A position paper on the registration of polymers, October 2019.
- CHEM Trust co-wrote a position paper with other NGOs, including the European Environmental Bureau and ChemSec, on the registration of polymers under REACH. This position paper has been signed by 22 NGOs.
Additional evidence for the evaluation of EU laws on chemicals in food contact materials, September 2019.
- CHEM Trust submitted a letter to the Commission’s consultants Ecorys providing additional evidence for their review of the EU’s laws on chemicals in food contact materials.
CHEM Trust’s comments on the proposed update of REACH Annexes related to data requirements for endocrine disruptors, August 2019.
- On 29th August CHEM Trust submitted comments to the CARACAL expert group on the proposed update of the REACH Annexes to include data requirements for endocrine disruptors.
A joint submission on PFHxS restriction, August 2019.
- CHEM Trust, EEB and IPEN sent joint comments to the European Chemical Agency public consultation on PFHxS restriction in August 2019.
CHEM Trust’s comments on the European Commission’s ‘Roadmap’ for its “Fitness Check on Endocrine Disruptors”, July 2019.
- On 10th July 2019 CHEM Trust submitted our comments on the European Commission’s ‘Roadmap‘ outlining how it will carry out a ‘fitness check’ of the EU’s laws relating to endocrine disrupting chemicals.
CHEM Trust’s submission to the UK Government’s consultation on the updated Marine Strategy Part 1, June 2019.
- On 20th June 2019, CHEM Trust responded to the UK Government’s consultation on the Marine Strategy Part 1: UK Updated Assessment and Good Environmental Status.
Joint NGO letter to European Commissioners regarding delay in publication of report on EU chemicals legislation, June 2019.
- On 17th June 2019 CHEM Trust joined with a number of other NGOs to write to the European Commission to ask why their ‘Fitness check’ on EU chemicals legislation (excluding REACH) had not been published.
A joint letter from EU civil society organisations calling for EU leaders to commit to prioritise sustainable development, June 2019.
- CHEM Trust signed up to a joint civil society letter to EU leaders prior to their June summit, calling for sustainable development to be the overarching objective of the European Union’s priorities, both inside and outside Europe, for at least the next five years.
CHEM Trust letter to the Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Michael Gove, on the upcoming identification of HFPO-DA as a SVHC, June 2019.
- Ahead of the Member State Committee meeting at the EU Chemicals Agency, CHEM Trust sent a letter to Secretary of State Michael Gove supporting the identification of the persistent and mobile chemical HFPO-DA (used in ‘GenX’) as a substance of very high concern under REACH. The response to our letter with the UK statement is available here.
Legal letter from Leigh Day on behalf of CHEM Trust to the UK Government about deficiencies in the Government’s proposals for UK pesticides and REACH laws in the event of a no-deal Brexit, June 2019.
CHEM Trust’s submission to the European Commission’s consultation on the evaluation of the rules for chemicals in food contact materials, May 2019.
- On May 6th 2019, CHEM Trust responded to the Commission’s on-line consultation as part of their evaluation of the EU laws on chemicals in food contact materials, and also submitted a position paper as an additional contribution. We have also led the development of five key principles for future EU regulation of chemicals in food contact material.
CHEM Trust letter to the Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Michael Gove, on action needed on POPs, April 2019.
- Ahead of the ninth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Stockholm POPs Convention (COP-9) in Geneva, Switzerland on 29 April to 10 May 2019, CHEM Trust sent a letter to the Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Michael Gove, asking for action to reduce global pollution from Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs). We received a response from Dr Therese Coffey MP assuring that the UK Government was commited to eliminating POPs.
CHEM Trust letter to the Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Michael Gove, on chemical regulation protections post-Brexit, April 2019.
- CHEM Trust sent a letter to the Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Michael Gove, outlining concerns about the Statutory Instrument (SI) on REACH.
CHEM Trust submission to UK Parliament Environment Audit Committee inquiry on Toxic Chemicals in Everyday Life, March 2019
- CHEM Trust submitted evidence to the UK Parliament’s Environmental Audit Committee inquiry into “Toxic Chemicals in Everyday Life“. You can see all the evidence for this inquiry on their evidence page.
Response to the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs’ consultation on draft indicators in the 25 Year Environment Plan, January 2019.
- CHEM Trust responded to DEFRA’s request for comments on the draft indicators to be used to show environment change and measure progress in the 25 Year Environment Plan.
Policy statements from previous years
- EU policy statements 2022
- EU policy statements 2021
- UK policy statements 2022
- UK policy statements 2021
- Policy statements in 2020
- Policy statements in 2018
- Policy statements in 2017
- Policy statements in 2016
- Policy statements in 2015
- Policy statements in 2014
- Policy statements in 2013
- Policy statements in 2012
- Policy statements in 2011
- Policy statements in 2007-2010