CHEM Trust has many publications covering many topics from general chemicals policy to specific diseases or wildlife impacts.
There is a chronological list of our publications below. They are also available from the menu above, or from our blog to the right.
- “Chemical Recycling: State of Play“ – CHEM Trust publishes new report, written by the environmental consultancy Eunomia, reviewing available information on a large number of different chemical recycling technologies, December 2020. Read the blog CHEM Trust published upon release of the report.
- ‘A new path for EU control of Endocrine Disruptors‘ – A CHEM Trust proposal on a new approach to protect people and wildlife across Europe from health harming endocrine disruptors (EDs), July 2020. The proposal, if implemented, would lead to significant improvements on how EDs are controlled in the EU.
- CHEM Trust blog, April 2020, ‘Brexit and Chemicals: potential future partnership arrangements between the UK and ECHA’; which includes and provides background to the briefing ‘Models of cooperation with ECHA: potential future partnership arrangements between the UK and ECHA post-Brexit’.
- PFAS – the ‘Forever Chemicals’, invisible threats from persistent chemicals, CHEM Trust briefing, September 2019; see also our blog “Urgent action needed on highly persistent PFAS chemicals“
- Discounting future damage?: Do socioeconomic assessments in EU chemicals policy underplay future impacts?, CHEM Trust report commissioned from the New Economics Foundation (NEF), September 2019; see also our blog “Regulating chemicals: is putting a price on health impacts unrealistic and misleading?“
- Local chemical regulation in the UK: fragmented and under-resourced, CHEM Trust briefing, December 2018
- Identifying dangerous consumer products: The UK’s role in the EU Rapid Alert System (RAPEX), CHEM Trust briefing, October 2018; See also our blog “Scary stuff: UK highly dependent on other EU countries for assurance that toys are safe“
- Benefits to the EU27 of the UK remaining part of the EU’s world-leading chemicals law REACH, CHEM Trust briefing, September 2018
- Which hazardous chemicals are associated with plastic packaging? CHEM Trust, Food Packaging Forum and Chemsec briefing, September 2018
- From BPA to BPZ: a toxic soup? How companies switch from a known hazardous chemical to one with similar properties, and how regulators could stop them, CHEM Trust report, March 2018
- Briefing for second reading of the EU (Withdrawal) Bill, 30 and 31 January 2018, Future chemicals regulation and the environmental risks of the UK leaving REACH, Greener UK & CHEM Trust briefing, January 2018
- Priority substances for the EU Human Biomonitoring Initiative HBM4EU, CHEM Trust briefing, November 2017
- IT’S A NO BRAINER! Action needed to stop children being exposed to chemicals that harm their brain development, CHEM Trust report, March 2017
- Chemicals in food contact materials: A gap in the internal market, a failure in public protection, CHEM trust policy briefing, January 2016
- Circular Economy and Chemicals: Creating a clean and sustainable circle, CHEM Trust policy briefing, August 2015
- Fracking pollution: How toxic chemicals from fracking could affect wildlife and people in the UK and EU, CHEM Trust briefing, June 2015
- Chemical pollution from fracking, June 2015
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals – Frequently Asked Questions, December 2014
- Medicines in the Environment: A Growing Threat to Wildlife and Drinking Water, December 2014
- CHEM Trust overview of Key Scientific Statements on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) 1991-2013, as of January 2014.
- CHEM Trust Overview of Official Commitments & Legislative Action on EDCs in the EU, as of January 2014.
- Frogs at risk and possible implications for humans? Why EU chemicals legislation needs updating to address chemicals that damage the immune system, October 2013, report and press release
- Persistent organic pollutants and indicators of otter health: other factors at play?, February 2013, Report and press release
- A review of the science linking chemical exposures to obesity and diabetes, March 2012 (available in French, Spanish and German), report, briefing & press release.
- Concerns about bisphenol A and recommendations for action, December 2010, briefing and press release.
- A review of the role pesticides play in some cancers: Children, farmers and pesticide users at risk?, July 2010
- Chemical Cocktails – Harmful mixtures upset our hormones, July 2010, briefing
- Why Mollusc Toxicity Tests for Endocrine Disruptors and Other Chemicals Are Needed – CHEM Trust briefing November 2009
- Male Reproductive Health Disorders and the Potential Role of Exposure to Environmental Chemicals, May 2009, including briefing
- CHEM Trust Overview, explaining the problem of chemical exposure, CHEM Trust’s priorities and achievements to date and future priorities.
- Effects of Pollutants on the Reproductive Health of Male Vertebrate Wildlife – Males Under Threat, December 2008, Report, Executive Summary and Press Release
- Breast Cancer and exposure to hormonally active chemicals: An appraisal of the scientific evidence, April 2008, including briefings in French, Spanish, German and Italian