CHEM Trust has many publications covering many topics from general chemicals policy to specific diseases or wildlife impacts.
There is a chronological list of our publications below. They are also available from the menu above, or from our blog to the right.
- PFAS – the ‘Forever Chemicals’, invisible threats from persistent chemicals, CHEM Trust briefing, September 2019; see also our blog “Urgent action needed on highly persistent PFAS chemicals“
- Local chemical regulation in the UK: fragmented and under-resourced, CHEM Trust briefing, December 2018
- Identifying dangerous consumer products: The UK’s role in the EU Rapid Alert System (RAPEX), CHEM Trust briefing, October 2018; See also our blog “Scary stuff: UK highly dependent on other EU countries for assurance that toys are safe“
- Benefits to the EU27 of the UK remaining part of the EU’s world-leading chemicals law REACH, CHEM Trust briefing, September 2018
- Which hazardous chemicals are associated with plastic packaging? CHEM Trust, Food Packaging Forum and Chemsec briefing, September 2018
- From BPA to BPZ: a toxic soup? How companies switch from a known hazardous chemical to one with similar properties, and how regulators could stop them, CHEM Trust report, March 2018
- Briefing for second reading of the EU (Withdrawal) Bill, 30 and 31 January 2018, Future chemicals regulation and the environmental risks of the UK leaving REACH, Greener UK & CHEM Trust briefing, January 2018
- Priority substances for the EU Human Biomonitoring Initiative HBM4EU, CHEM Trust briefing, November 2017
- IT’S A NO BRAINER! Action needed to stop children being exposed to chemicals that harm their brain development, CHEM Trust report, March 2017
- Chemicals in food contact materials: A gap in the internal market, a failure in public protection, CHEM trust policy briefing, January 2016
- Circular Economy and Chemicals: Creating a clean and sustainable circle, CHEM Trust policy briefing, August 2015
- Fracking pollution: How toxic chemicals from fracking could affect wildlife and people in the UK and EU, CHEM Trust briefing, June 2015
- Chemical pollution from fracking, June 2015
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals – Frequently Asked Questions, December 2014
- Medicines in the Environment: A Growing Threat to Wildlife and Drinking Water, December 2014
- CHEM Trust overview of Key Scientific Statements on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) 1991-2013, as of January 2014.
- CHEM Trust Overview of Official Commitments & Legislative Action on EDCs in the EU, as of January 2014.
- Frogs at risk and possible implications for humans? Why EU chemicals legislation needs updating to address chemicals that damage the immune system, October 2013, report and press release
- Persistent organic pollutants and indicators of otter health: other factors at play?, February 2013, Report and press release
- A review of the science linking chemical exposures to obesity and diabetes, March 2012 (available in French, Spanish and German), report, briefing & press release.
- Concerns about bisphenol A and recommendations for action, December 2010, briefing and press release.
- A review of the role pesticides play in some cancers: Children, farmers and pesticide users at risk?, July 2010
- Chemical Cocktails – Harmful mixtures upset our hormones, July 2010, briefing
- Why Mollusc Toxicity Tests for Endocrine Disruptors and Other Chemicals Are Needed – CHEM Trust briefing November 2009
- Male Reproductive Health Disorders and the Potential Role of Exposure to Environmental Chemicals, May 2009, including briefing
- CHEM Trust Overview, explaining the problem of chemical exposure, CHEM Trust’s priorities and achievements to date and future priorities.
- Effects of Pollutants on the Reproductive Health of Male Vertebrate Wildlife – Males Under Threat, December 2008, Report, Executive Summary and Press Release
- Breast Cancer and exposure to hormonally active chemicals: An appraisal of the scientific evidence, April 2008, including briefings in French, Spanish, German and Italian