Presentation in parallel session on knowledge building at the EU Chemicals Policy 2030 conference, June 2019
- A background paper and one-slide summary presentation by Michael Warhurst in the thematic session on “Knowledge building, monitoring and early warning on emerging risks” at the “EU Chemicals Policy 2030: Building on the past, moving to the future” conference on 27-28th June 2019.
Presentation on grouping substances at Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2019
- A presentation “Grouping of substances: How to avoid regrettable substitution” by Ninja Reineke for a panel at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum in Helsinki on 23rd May 2019.
Presentation on chemical mixtures policy at a stakeholder workshop, March 2019
- A presentation “Moving from science to better protection” by Ninja Reineke at “The Chemical Cocktail Challenge” in Brussels on 26th March 2019.
Presentation and moderation of a break-out session on Brexit and Chemicals at a Chemical Watch conference, March 2019
- A presentation “Brexit – what does it mean for chemical regulations?” by Michael Warhurst as part of his facilitation of a break-out session on the subject at the Chemical Watch “Global Business Summit” in Brussels on 28th March 2019.
Presentation on the impact of Brexit on chemical and environmental policy, February 2019.
- A presentation “Impacts of Brexit on Chemicals and Environmental Policy” by Kate Young at the Brexit Civil Society Alliance’s “Brexit & Civil Society Roundtable” event in York on 25th Feb 2019.
Presentation on chemicals and Brexit at a Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum conference, February 2019.
- A presentation “Options for UK chemical regulation post-Brexit” by Michael Warhurst at the Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum Seminar on “Options for protecting human health and the environment from hazardous chemicals in the UK after Brexit” in London on 5th Feb 2019.
Talk on the impact of Brexit on the chemicals sector at the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), January 2019.
- A talk on the Impact of Brexit on the Chemical and Aeronautics industries by Brexit and Chemicals Campaigner Kate Young at the European Economic and Social Committee, organised by the Consultative Commission for Industrial Change (CCMI) on “Benefits to the EU27 of the UK staying in REACH” in Brussels on 30th January 2019.
Presentation on the need for a reform of EU laws on food contact chemicals at a packaging industry conference, December 2018.
- A presentation “Reform of the EU regulations on chemicals in food contact materials” by Michael Warhurst at the “Plastics and Paper in contact with Foodstuffs 2018” conference in Vienna on 6th December 2018.
Presentation on implementing the EDC criteria at the Fresenius Conference in Cologne, November 2018.
- A presentation ‘Implementing the EDC criteria – an NGO perspective’ by Ninja Reineke at the ‘9thInternational Fresenius Conference “Endocrine Disruptors”’ in Cologne, Germany, on 20th-21st November 2018.
Presentation on effective chemical legislation at a conference on chemical regulation enforcement, hosted by the European Commission, November 2018.
- A presentation “No law is better than its enforcement?” by Sidsel Dyekjaer at the “2nd Conference on REACH, CLP and Biocides Enforcement” in Brussels, Belgium, on 13th November 2018.
Presentation on enforcement of EU chemicals laws at a Chemical Watch conference, September 2018.
- A presentation “How can we make sure that REACH ensures ‘no data, no market’, and that chemicals of concern are identified?” by Michael Warhurst at the Chemical Watch conference “Enforcement Summit Europe 2018” in Brussels on 24th September 2018.
Joint NGO presentation at the EU Commission stakeholder meeting on chemicals in food contact materials, September 2018.
- A presentation “EU laws on chemicals in food contact materials: a system in dire need of reform” by Michael Warhurst of CHEM Trust, Pelle Moos of consumers organisation BEUC, Sophie Perroud of HEAL and Alice Bernard of Client Earth, given at the “DG SANTE introductory workshop to support the evaluation on Food Contact Materials (FCMs) legislation” in Brussels on 24th September 2018.
Presentation on the non-toxic environment at the “Solutions” project Final Conference, June 2018.
- A presentation “Filling the gaps on a path to a non-toxic environment” by Ninja Reineke at the Solutions project Final Conference in Leipzig, 19th-21st June 2018. An interview from Ninja Reineke at the event is available here at 10:30 mins.
Short presentation on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum, June 2018.
- A short presentation “Endocrine disruptors: a challenge for risk communication or a challenge for regulatory action?” at the start of a panel discussion by Michael Warhurst at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum conference on 14th-15th June 2018.
Presentation on mixtures of chemicals at an EU Commission Joint Research Centre workshop, May 2018
- A presentation “Chemical mixtures: Moving from science to regulation” by Michael Warhurst at the Joint Horizon 2020 workshop on “Advancing the Assessment of Chemical Mixtures and their Risks for Human Health and the Environment” at the EU Joint Research Centre, 29-30 May 2018.
Presentation on chemicals in food contact materials at a Chemical Watch conference, May 2018
- A presentation “EU regulation of chemicals in Food Contact Materials: Outdated, ineffective – and full of holes” by Michael Warhurst at Chemical Watch’s “Food Contact Regulations Europe 2018” conference on 7th May 2018.
Presentation of the Toxic Soup report at the Break Free From Plastic European Movement meeting, April 2018
- A presentation “From BPA to BPZ: a toxic soup?” by Anna Watson at the Break Free From Plastic European Movement meeting in Zagreb, Croatia, 24-35 April 2018.
Presentation on Brexit and chemicals at a Chemical Watch conference, April 2018
- CHEM Trust Executive Director Dr Michael Warhurst gave a keynote presentation, “Can the UK stay in REACH?“, at a Chemical Watch conference on “Post Brexit options for UK chemicals law” on April 17th 2018. Chemical Watch have reported on the conference, including this talk.
Presentation at a meeting on Brexit and chemicals organised by John McNally MP, March 2018
- A presentation “Brexit and Chemicals: What are the challenges?” by Michael Warhurst at a meeting organised by John McNally MP, 13th March 2018.
Presentation at the EU Commission’s workshop on the draft guidance to identify Endocrine Disruptors, February 2018
- A presentation, “CHEM Trust comments on ED identification guidance document”, by Ninja Reineke at the European Commission’s DG Health workshop on the draft guidance to identify Endocrine Disruptors, in Brussels on 1st February 2018.
Blog on Brexit and Chemicals for the Women’s Environmental Network, November 2017
- A blog, “A dangerous side of Brexit: chemicals“, by CHEM Trust’s Brexit Campaigner Andrea Speranza, on the WEN blog.
Presentation at the 8th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disruptors, November 2017
- A presentation, “EU action on endocrine disrupters: some progress, many concerns“, given by Michael Warhurst at the 8th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters in Cologne on 29-20th November 2017.
Comments piece on Brexit and Chemicals for Chemical Watch, October 2017
- “A red light for the UK’s plans for chemical regulations after Brexit“, by Michael Warhurst in the Chemical Watch Global Business Briefing.
Blog on Brexit and Chemicals for Chem Sec, October 2017
- A blog, “Why keeping the UK in REACH is the best option post-Brexit“, by CHEM Trust’s Brexit Campaigner Andrea Speranza, on the Chem Sec blog.
Presentation at the Chemical Watch/CHEM Trust/TechUK conference on UK Chemicals Regulation post-Brexit, September 2017
- Michael Warhurst’s presentation “Post-Brexit UK chemicals law: The only way is REACH” from the Chemical Watch conference on chemicals regulation post-brexit, covering: ‘Brexit and REACH’, ‘Brexit scenarios’, ‘Whose responsibility?’, ‘What is the UK Government view?’, ‘The will of the people’ and ‘Sovereignty’.
Presentation at the European Commission’s plastics conference, September 2017
- A presentation “The need for a clean circle” by Ninja Reineke at the European Commission conference “Reinventing plastics, closing the circle” conference on 26th September 2017.
Presentation on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals at an Accenture webinar for food industry companies, September 2017
- A presentation “Endocrine disrupting chemicals: where next in the EU??” by Michael Warhurst at an Accenture webinar.
Blog on Brexit and Chemicals for Green Alliance, August 2017
- A blog, “Why the UK should stick with the EU’s world leading chemical protections“, by CHEM Trust’s Brexit Campaigner Andrea Speranza, on Green Alliance’s “Inside Track” blog.
Webinar on Brexit, and on the No Brainer report, for Chem Sec, July 2017
- A webinar presentation for Chem Sec by Michael Warhurst, covering two issues: (i) Brexit & Chemicals; and (ii) CHEM Trust’s “No Brainer” report. The video of the webinar is available here, the presentation is available as a powerpoint or a pdf.
Presentation on chemicals in food contact materials in a webinar on substances of very high concern in food contact materials, March 2017
- A presentation, “Chemicals in food contact materials (FCM) – it’s a mess” by Michael Warhurst in a webinar on “Substances of very high concern in FCMs” (webinar recording available), organised by Food Packaging Forum.
Talk on chemicals and the circular economy at the European Commission’s Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference, March 2017
- A talk, “Presence of substances of concern in products made from recycled materials” by Michael Warhurst at the European Commission’s “Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference: one year after the adoption, working together for the future“, in Brussels on 9th March 2017.
Presentations on EU NGO expectations of the new US TSCA chemical regulation, December 2016
- A presentation on “Actions speak louder than words: CHEM Trust’s hopes & concerns on the new TSCA” by Michael Warhurst at a Chemical Watch conference on “TSCA Reformed: What do European companies need to know” in Berlin on 7th December 2016.
Talk on groups of chemicals in the Circular Economy, December 2016
- A talk, “We need a clean circular economy – not a dirty one” by Michael Warhurst at an European Environment Agency expert workshop on “Groups of chemicals in the circular economy” on 1st-2nd December 2016.
Talk on EU Policy on Endocrine Disrupters at the Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters, November 2016
- A talk on “EU policy on Endocrine Disrupters from an environment and health perspective” by Ninja Reineke at the 7th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters, 15 – 16 November 2016.
Talk on addressing chemicals of concern in food contact materials, October 2016
- A talk on “Addressing chemicals of concern in food contact materials – including those made from recycled materials” by Michael Warhurst at the Food Packaging Forum conference on “Modern science to inform regulation of food contact materials in the circular economy” in Zurich, 25th October 2016. For more details, including videos of presentations, see the Food Packaging Forums’s write up.
Talk on Circular Economy and Chemicals at OECD Environment Ministerial Conference, September 2016
- A talk on “Circular economy & chemicals: Problems and Solutions” by Michael Warhurst at the OECD Environment Ministerial Conference in Paris, 29th September 2016.
Talk on Europe’s approach to regulating EDCs at a US conference on 25 years of endocrine disruption research, September 2016
- A talk on “Europe’s approach to regulating EDCs – an NGO perspective” by Ninja Reineke at the US NIEHS conference “25 Years of Endocrine Disruption Research: Past lessons and Future Directions“, September 2016.
Talk on innovation and safer chemicals, at a workshop discussing the planned EU strategy for a non toxic environment, June 2016
- A presentation on “Promoting innovation to safer chemicals” by Michael Warhurst, at an European Commission workshop on the “Strategy for a Non-toxic Environment of the 7th Environment Action Programme (EAP)” on 9th June 2016.
Blog on the EU & chemicals, on Friends of the Earth’s web site, June 2016
- Blog on “What has the EU done to protect us from dangerous chemicals” by Michael Warhurst, on the Friends of the Earth (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) web site as part of a series of blogs as part of the UK referendum on EU membership. A longer version of this blog is on this site.
Talk on chemicals & the circular economy, at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2016
- A presentation “Circular Economy: opportunities and challenges (don’t mess it up)” by Michael Warhurst at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum on 26th May 2016.
Two talks on “Chemical pollution from fracking”, March/April 2016
- Two presentations given by Michael Warhurst on “Chemical pollution from fracking”, the first given at an event in Horsham on 23rd March, the second at an event in Haywards Heath on 16th April. The talks are mainly based on CHEM Trust’s fracking report, but include additional discussion on the possible impacts of a Brexit (i.e. the UK voting on 23rd June 2016 to leave the EU).
Comment piece on “Endocrine disruptors: ‘Better Regulation’ or better public health?”, in Euractiv, 3rd March 2016.
- A comment piece, joint with Health and Environment Alliance, in Euractiv, on “Endocrine disruptors: ‘Better Regulation’ or better public health?“, 3rd March 2016.
Presentation on “Moving towards a circular economy: the role of non toxic material cycles” at the Chemical Watch Business Summit, 23-25th Feb 2016
- A presentation on “Moving towards a circular economy: the role of non toxic material cycles” by Michael Warhurst at the 2016 “Chemical Watch Global Business Summit 2016” on 25th February 2016.
Presentation on regulatory cooperation in TTIP and chemicals at a webinar organised by Corporate Europe Observatory, 14th January 2016
- A presentation on “Regulatory Cooperation and Chemicals” by Ninja Reineke at a webinar organised by Corporate Europe Observatory; see our blog post for more details.
Presentation on clean material cycles at European Environment Agency workshop on the Circular Economy, 29-20th October 2015
- Presentation on “Creating clean material cycles: Problems and Solutions” by Michael Warhurst at the European Environment Agency stakeholder workshop “Transition to a Circular Economy” on 29th October 2015.
Blog for the UK RSA’s “Great Recovery Project”, October 2015
- Blog entitled “How can we create a clean circular economy” by Michael Warhurst for the UK RSA “Great Recovery” project, 5th October 2015.
Presentation on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals at “European Chemicals Policy and Risk Management” conference, Barcelona, 24th September 2015
- Presentation on “Identification of, and action on, endocrine disrupting chemicals” by Michael Warhurst at the CIR European Chemicals Policy and Risk Management conference in Barcelona on 24th September 2015.
Circular economy and chemicals presentation at the Commission’s stakeholder conference on the Circular Economy, 25th June 2015
Talk on circular economy and chemicals given at “Sustainable Standards” event, 24th June 2015
- Presentation entitled “The REACH Regulation – Facilitating resource circularity?” by Michael Warhurst at the UK Sustainability Network for Standardisation annual event 2015.
Comment piece for Chemical Watch, June 2015
- Comment piece entitled “Chemicals and the circular economy” by Michael Warhurst in Chemical Watch Global Business Briefing, June 2015.
Helsinki Chemicals Forum, 28-29th May, 2015
- Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “Towards sustainability: Is green chemistry & engineering delivering?” at the 2015 Helsinki Chemicals Forum. A write up of this conference is available from Chemical Watch.
Comment piece for ENDS Europe, May 2015
- Comment piece entitled “Circular economy needs stronger chemicals laws” by Michael Warhurst in ENDS Europe, 14th May 2015.
Eureau “Water Matters” conference, 25th March 2015
- See speaking notes for Michael Warhurst’s presentation at this event.
Talk at event on REACH & the Circular Economy, 24th March 2015
- See blog by Michael Warhurst about this event, including speaking notes.
EEB 40th Anniversary conference, December 2014
- Presentation by Michael Warhurst on “Pollution, chemicals and health: From inaction to action?” in the parallel session on health, see blog with link to presentation.
UBA REACH Congress 2014, December 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke “Zulassung unter REACH – Beobachtungen aus Sicht einer NGO” – see Presentation (in German).
Chemical Watch regulatory summit, October 2014
- Presentation by Michael Warhurst on “CHEM Trust’s view of REACH Enforcement” – see blog with link to presentation.
5th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters, October 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke on the “NGO view of Endocrine disrupter regulation” – presentation & a write up in their newsletter.
Talk at the Organic Pharmacy Conference, October 2014
- Presentation by Elizabeth Salter Green on “Chemicals in Consumer Products: Are We All ‘Toxic Consumers’?” – presentation & video.
6th Global Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke on “Endocrine Disruptors – Do we need special controls?” – Presentation.