On 2nd December Pia Juul Nielsen gave a presentation on ‘Moving towards better identification of EDCs – how can the EURION Cluster help’ at a stakeholder workshop of the EU research initiative EURION.
On 23rd November Dr Anna Watson co-hosted a webinar for EU NGOs on the ongoing Revision of EU rules on food contact materials and the opportunity to feed in to the public consultation.
On 8th November 2022, Dr Julie Schneider gave a presentation on the “Environmental impacts of PFAS contamination in water” at the RSC workshop “PFAS contamination in UK water”.
On 26th July 2022, Dr Michael Warhurst gave an on-line lecture on “The policy response to uncertain risks: why we should substitute the most hazardous chemicals” to the Masters in Chemical Risk Management course at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
On 7th July 2022, Dr Julie Schneider gave a presentation on the “Presence of PFAS in food packaging and tableware in Europe – based on chemical analysis” at the CMT conference Phasing out PFAS in food packaging – Europe. A recording of the presentation is also available.
On 23rd June 2022, Dr Ninja Reineke gave a presentation on endocrine disruptor assessments at the ONE Conference.
On 2nd June 2022, Dr Ninja Reineke gave a presentation on ‘From HBM4EU to PARC: Building the Bridge – CHEM Trust perspective‘ at the HBM4EU conference ‘Human Biomonitoring for science and chemical policy’.
On 4th May 2022, Dr Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “The policy response to uncertain risks: why we should substitute the most hazardous chemicals” to students on the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine course on Environmental Health Policy. A video of this presentation is available.
On 26th April 2022, Chloe Alexander gave a presentation on ‘UK REACH- challenges and next steps’ at the Chemical Watch Conference ‘What does the future look like for UK chemicals law’.
On 21th April 2022, Dr Julie Schneider gave a presentation on “Climate change and chemicals: what are the connections?” at the UK Chemical Stakeholder Forum meeting.
On 29th March 2022, Dr Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “Impact of the implementation of the EU CSS on the regulation of chemicals in FCM: An NGO view” at the Chemical Watch “Food Contacts Regulation Europe 2022” conference.
On 25th November 2021, CHEM Trust hosted a webinar on ‘The Chemical Pollution Crisis: the growing human, health and environmental crisis that needs your attention‘ with Breast Cancer UK, the Marine Conservation Society and Fidra. A recording of the webinar is available here.
On 10th November 2021, Stefan Scheuer gave a presentation on ‘FCM policy in the EU: Time to close the safety gap‘ to the ‘Consumers Come First’ conference hosted by Safe Food Advocacy Europe.
On 9th November 2021, Dr Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “The EU Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability: An evaluation from an NGO point of view” to the Fresenius Conference on “Sustainability and Chemicals Production“.
On 7th October 2021, Chloe Alexander gave a presentation on ‘UK REACH, CLP and the UK Chemicals Strategy‘, to a Chemical Watch Conference on UK Chemicals Policy & Regulation.
On 28th September 2021, Dr Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “Potential of a grouping approach to improve effectiveness of the enforcement of chemicals legislation” at the Chemical Watch “Global Enforcement Summit 2021“.
On 15th July 2021, Dr Julie Schneider gave a joint presentation with Jitka Straková from IPEN/Arnika on “Throwaway Packaging, Forever Chemicals: European wide survey of PFAS in disposable food packaging and tableware” at a webinar organised by CHE EDC Strategies Partnership in the context of their webinar series on PFAS, Science and Policy. A recording of the webinar is available here.
On 22nd June 2021, Pia Juul Nielsen gave a presentation on introduction of “New hazard classes on endocrine disruptors in CLP” and contributed to the discussion at a webinar in the European Parliament, arranged by Maria Arena from the ENVI committee.
Presentation by Dr Anna Watson, Dr Kerry Dinsmore (Fidra) and Thalie Martini (Breast Cancer UK) to the Scottish Chemicals Policy Network on 12 Key Asks for the UK Chemicals Strategy, June 2021
Presentation by Dr Anna Watson and Dr Julie Schneider on CHEM Trust’s view on PFAS regulation at the UK PFAS workshop April 27th and 28th 2021
On March 31st 2021 Sidsel Dyekjaer gave a presentation on “Hazard based vs risk based regulation: pro and cons” at a conference about “hazard analysis and risk assessment in food contact” arranged by Packaging Meetings Srl.
On March 26th 2021 Ninja Reineke gave a presentation on “How to achieve better protection of the environment and human health from PMT/vPvM substances” at the 3rd PMT Workshop: “Getting Control of PMT and vPvM substances under REACH” organised by the German Environment Agency.
On March 10th 2021 Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “Chemical Recycling: Is it worth the energy?” at the Chemical Watch Global Business Summit
On March 4th 2021 Michael Warhurst gave a presentation to the Wildlife and Countryside Link Resources and Waste Group on “Chemical Recycling: Is it worth the energy?“
Presentation by Dr Michael Warhurst on “CHEM Trust’s priorities for one substance one assessment” at a Chemical Watch conference on “The EU’s Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability: Key Issues for Industry” on 13th January 2021
On 11th December 2020 Pia Juul Nielsen gave a presentation, “Perspectives on and expectations to test method development by the EURION Cluster projects“, at a stakeholder workshop organised by the EURION Cluster.
On 9th December 2020, Pia Juul Nielsen and Dr Julie Schneider gave a presentation at the Japan Symposium on EDCs organised by the Japan Endocrine Disruption Preventive Action (JEPA)
- The EU regulatory saga on Endocrine Disruptors – and latest developments by Pia Juul Nielsen. Presentation available in Japanese.
- PFAS – The Forever Chemicals: Contaminants of global concern by Dr Julie Schneider. Presentation available in Japanese.
On 24th November 2020, Trade Campaigner Chloe Alexander gave a presentation to the Chemical Watch Conference ‘Post-Brexit options for UK chemicals law – Part 1’ titled ‘The Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability – will it widen the gulf between the EU and UK regulatory regimes?’
- Further details about the conference can be read here.
On 22nd October 2020, CHEM Trust published a guest blog for Global Justice Now on risks of a UK-US trade deal, authored by Trade Campaigner Chloe Alexander.
On 2nd October 2020 Ninja Reineke gave a presentation at the international conference “HBMC2020 – Human Biomonitoring for science and chemical policy 2020.”
- More information on the conference is available here.
CHEM Trust’s Chief EU Policy Advocate, Stefan Scheuer, appeared on the “Chemical Reactions” podcast, hosted by Rud Pedersen Public Affairs, October 2020.
- Stefan talked about how the much anticipated Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability fits into the European Green Deal.
“Enforcement implications arising from Brexit” by Dr Michael Warhurst at the Chemical Watch Enforcement summit 2020 on 30th September 2020
- This presentation covers enforcement of UK BREACH, the implications of the Northern Ireland protocol and also questions whether the EU REACH Substance Evaluation process is working, using the example of the brominated flame retardant DBDPE, which is contaminating wildlife and humans around the world, yet a substance evaluation started in 2012 is yet to deliver any outcomes.
“Introduction to REACH for scientists” by Dr Michael Warhurst, CHEM Trust webinar 18 June 2020
- Dr Michael Warhurst gave a 40 min presentation on EU chemical regulation REACH aimed at scientists. It covers the basics of REACH, how it works, how academic research is being used and what are the opportunities for UK scientists in the future. A video of the presentation is available here.
Presentation on “The need for new EU legislation on Food Contact Materials” by Science and Policy Consultant Sidsel Dyekjaer at a webinar arranged by Zero Waste Europe on 12th May.
- The full webinar is available on YouTube. The presentation provided an introduction to chemicals in food packaging for an audience working mainly on recycling issues.
Presentation on “Brexit and chemicals: options and action” by Dr Michael Warhurst at Chemical Watch conference “Post-Brexit Options for UK Chemicals Law” on 21st April 2020, where he presented the findings from our recent briefing.
Presentation on “Safe-guarding risks from non-intentional mixtures – NGO perspective” by Dr Ninja Reineke on 5th of March 2020 in Leiden at the “Workshop on a pragmatic approach to address the risk from combined exposure to non-intentional mixtures of chemicals – REACH as an example.”
- More information on the workshop here.
Presentation on “Safer Chemicals – science & policy challenges and Brexit” by Michael Warhurst at a British Retail Consortium event on “Adopting Greener Chemicals” on 20th February 2020.
Presentation on “How to modernise Europe’s regulations on chemicals in food contact materials” by Michael Warhurst at the Chemical Watch Food Contact Regulations Europe 2020 conference, in Brussels on 11-12th Feb 2020.
- A presentation outlining some of the problems with the EU laws on chemicals in food contact materials, and presenting a “Thought Starter” on a potential new approach.
Presentation on circular economy & chemicals at an ISWA workshop on Waste and Chemicals, December 2019
- A presentation by Michael Warhurst on “Information and action on substances of concern in the circular economy” at a workshop organised in Paris by the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) on “Waste & Chemicals: From proper classification to sustainable recycling” on the 4th December 2019.
Presentation on ‘Priorities for a UK Chemical Strategy’ at the Royal Society of Chemistry’s workshop, ‘A Vision and a Plan for a Chemical Strategy’ , November 2019
- A presentation by Kate Young on our ‘Priorities for a UK Chemical Strategy‘ at a workshop held by the Royal Society of Chemistry, ‘A Vision and a Plan for a Chemical Strategy – Science at its heart’ on the 18th of November 2019.
Presentation on “Global Regulatory Trends: Progress being made, but major challenges remain” by Michael Warhurst at the Chemical Watch “Regulatory Summit Europe” on 14th October 2019.
Presentation by Dr Anna Watson to the UK Chemical Stakeholder Forum on key highlights from the Environmental Audit Committee’s Inquiry and report into “Toxic Chemicals in Everyday life”, September 2019.
Webinar on persistent chemical pollutants for Wildlife and Countryside Link, September 2019
- A webinar “Invisible threats from persistent chemical pollutants and what we can do about it” by Julie Schneider for the members of the UK coalition Wildlife and Countryside Link on 25th September 2019. The recording of the webinar is available online (the 40min presentation starts at 3’20”).
Presentation in parallel session on knowledge building at the EU Chemicals Policy 2030 conference, June 2019
- A background paper and one-slide summary presentation by Michael Warhurst in the thematic session on “Knowledge building, monitoring and early warning on emerging risks” at the “EU Chemicals Policy 2030: Building on the past, moving to the future” conference on 27-28th June 2019. The full report from the conference is available here.
Presentation on EU chemicals & food contact laws at the Unwrapped conference, USA, June 2019
- A presentation on “An Opportunity to Improve European Regulation for Chemicals in Food Packaging” by Michael Warhurst at the “Unwrapped” conference in California, USA on 13-14th June 2019. A video of the presentation is available.
Presentation on grouping substances at Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2019
- A presentation “Grouping of substances: How to avoid regrettable substitution” by Ninja Reineke for a panel at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum in Helsinki on 23rd May 2019.
Presentation on chemical mixtures policy at a stakeholder workshop, March 2019
- A presentation “Moving from science to better protection” by Ninja Reineke at “The Chemical Cocktail Challenge” in Brussels on 26th March 2019.
Presentation and moderation of a break-out session on Brexit and Chemicals at a Chemical Watch conference, March 2019
- A presentation “Brexit – what does it mean for chemical regulations?” by Michael Warhurst as part of his facilitation of a break-out session on the subject at the Chemical Watch “Global Business Summit” in Brussels on 28th March 2019.
Presentation on the impact of Brexit on chemical and environmental policy, February 2019
- A presentation “Impacts of Brexit on Chemicals and Environmental Policy” by Kate Young at the Brexit Civil Society Alliance’s “Brexit & Civil Society Roundtable” event in York on 25th Feb 2019.
Presentation on chemicals and Brexit at a Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum conference, February 2019.
- A presentation “Options for UK chemical regulation post-Brexit” by Michael Warhurst at the Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum Seminar on “Options for protecting human health and the environment from hazardous chemicals in the UK after Brexit” in London on 5th Feb 2019.
Talk on the impact of Brexit on the chemicals sector at the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), January 2019.
- A talk on the Impact of Brexit on the Chemical and Aeronautics industries by Brexit and Chemicals Campaigner Kate Young at the European Economic and Social Committee, organised by the Consultative Commission for Industrial Change (CCMI) on “Benefits to the EU27 of the UK staying in REACH” in Brussels on 30th January 2019.
Presentation on the need for a reform of EU laws on food contact chemicals at a packaging industry conference, December 2018.
- A presentation “Reform of the EU regulations on chemicals in food contact materials” by Michael Warhurst at the “Plastics and Paper in contact with Foodstuffs 2018” conference in Vienna on 6th December 2018.
Presentation on implementing the EDC criteria at the Fresenius Conference in Cologne, November 2018.
- A presentation ‘Implementing the EDC criteria – an NGO perspective’ by Ninja Reineke at the ‘9thInternational Fresenius Conference “Endocrine Disruptors”’ in Cologne, Germany, on 20th-21st November 2018.
Presentation on effective chemical legislation at a conference on chemical regulation enforcement, hosted by the European Commission, November 2018.
- A presentation “No law is better than its enforcement?” by Sidsel Dyekjaer at the “2nd Conference on REACH, CLP and Biocides Enforcement” in Brussels, Belgium, on 13th November 2018.
Presentation on enforcement of EU chemicals laws at a Chemical Watch conference, September 2018.
- A presentation “How can we make sure that REACH ensures ‘no data, no market’, and that chemicals of concern are identified?” by Michael Warhurst at the Chemical Watch conference “Enforcement Summit Europe 2018” in Brussels on 24th September 2018.
Joint NGO presentation at the EU Commission stakeholder meeting on chemicals in food contact materials, September 2018.
- A presentation “EU laws on chemicals in food contact materials: a system in dire need of reform” by Michael Warhurst of CHEM Trust, Pelle Moos of consumers organisation BEUC, Sophie Perroud of HEAL and Alice Bernard of Client Earth, given at the “DG SANTE introductory workshop to support the evaluation on Food Contact Materials (FCMs) legislation” in Brussels on 24th September 2018.
Presentation on the non-toxic environment at the “Solutions” project Final Conference, June 2018.
- A presentation “Filling the gaps on a path to a non-toxic environment” by Ninja Reineke at the Solutions project Final Conference in Leipzig, 19th-21st June 2018. An interview from Ninja Reineke at the event is available here at 10:30 mins.
Short presentation on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum, June 2018.
- A short presentation “Endocrine disruptors: a challenge for risk communication or a challenge for regulatory action?” at the start of a panel discussion by Michael Warhurst at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum conference on 14th-15th June 2018.
Presentation on mixtures of chemicals at an EU Commission Joint Research Centre workshop, May 2018
- A presentation “Chemical mixtures: Moving from science to regulation” by Michael Warhurst at the Joint Horizon 2020 workshop on “Advancing the Assessment of Chemical Mixtures and their Risks for Human Health and the Environment” at the EU Joint Research Centre, 29-30 May 2018.
Presentation on chemicals in food contact materials at a Chemical Watch conference, May 2018
- A presentation “EU regulation of chemicals in Food Contact Materials: Outdated, ineffective – and full of holes” by Michael Warhurst at Chemical Watch’s “Food Contact Regulations Europe 2018” conference on 7th May 2018.
Presentation of the Toxic Soup report at the Break Free From Plastic European Movement meeting, April 2018
- A presentation “From BPA to BPZ: a toxic soup?” by Anna Watson at the Break Free From Plastic European Movement meeting in Zagreb, Croatia, 24-35 April 2018.
Presentation on Brexit and chemicals at a Chemical Watch conference, April 2018
- CHEM Trust Executive Director Dr Michael Warhurst gave a keynote presentation, “Can the UK stay in REACH?“, at a Chemical Watch conference on “Post Brexit options for UK chemicals law” on April 17th 2018. Chemical Watch have reported on the conference, including this talk.
Presentation at a meeting on Brexit and chemicals organised by John McNally MP, March 2018
- A presentation “Brexit and Chemicals: What are the challenges?” by Michael Warhurst at a meeting organised by John McNally MP, 13th March 2018.
Presentation at the EU Commission’s workshop on the draft guidance to identify Endocrine Disruptors, February 2018
- A presentation, “CHEM Trust comments on ED identification guidance document”, by Ninja Reineke at the European Commission’s DG Health workshop on the draft guidance to identify Endocrine Disruptors, in Brussels on 1st February 2018.
Blog on Brexit and Chemicals for the Women’s Environmental Network, November 2017
- A blog, “A dangerous side of Brexit: chemicals“, by CHEM Trust’s Brexit Campaigner Andrea Speranza, on the WEN blog.
Presentation at the 8th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disruptors, November 2017
- A presentation, “EU action on endocrine disrupters: some progress, many concerns“, given by Michael Warhurst at the 8th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters in Cologne on 29-20th November 2017.
Comments piece on Brexit and Chemicals for Chemical Watch, October 2017
- “A red light for the UK’s plans for chemical regulations after Brexit“, by Michael Warhurst in the Chemical Watch Global Business Briefing.
Blog on Brexit and Chemicals for Chem Sec, October 2017
- A blog, “Why keeping the UK in REACH is the best option post-Brexit“, by CHEM Trust’s Brexit Campaigner Andrea Speranza, on the Chem Sec blog.
Presentation at the Chemical Watch/CHEM Trust/TechUK conference on UK Chemicals Regulation post-Brexit, September 2017
- Michael Warhurst’s presentation “Post-Brexit UK chemicals law: The only way is REACH” from the Chemical Watch conference on chemicals regulation post-brexit, covering: ‘Brexit and REACH’, ‘Brexit scenarios’, ‘Whose responsibility?’, ‘What is the UK Government view?’, ‘The will of the people’ and ‘Sovereignty’.
Presentation at the European Commission’s plastics conference, September 2017
- A presentation “The need for a clean circle” by Ninja Reineke at the European Commission conference “Reinventing plastics, closing the circle” conference on 26th September 2017.
Presentation on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals at an Accenture webinar for food industry companies, September 2017
- A presentation “Endocrine disrupting chemicals: where next in the EU??” by Michael Warhurst at an Accenture webinar.
Blog on Brexit and Chemicals for Green Alliance, August 2017
- A blog, “Why the UK should stick with the EU’s world leading chemical protections“, by CHEM Trust’s Brexit Campaigner Andrea Speranza, on Green Alliance’s “Inside Track” blog.
Webinar on Brexit, and on the No Brainer report, for Chem Sec, July 2017
- A webinar presentation for Chem Sec by Michael Warhurst, covering two issues: (i) Brexit & Chemicals; and (ii) CHEM Trust’s “No Brainer” report. The video of the webinar is available here, the presentation is available as a powerpoint or a pdf.
Presentation on chemicals in food contact materials in a webinar on substances of very high concern in food contact materials, March 2017
- A presentation, “Chemicals in food contact materials (FCM) – it’s a mess” by Michael Warhurst in a webinar on “Substances of very high concern in FCMs” (webinar recording available), organised by Food Packaging Forum.
Talk on chemicals and the circular economy at the European Commission’s Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference, March 2017
- A talk, “Presence of substances of concern in products made from recycled materials” by Michael Warhurst at the European Commission’s “Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference: one year after the adoption, working together for the future“, in Brussels on 9th March 2017.
Presentations on EU NGO expectations of the new US TSCA chemical regulation, December 2016
- A presentation on “Actions speak louder than words: CHEM Trust’s hopes & concerns on the new TSCA” by Michael Warhurst at a Chemical Watch conference on “TSCA Reformed: What do European companies need to know” in Berlin on 7th December 2016.
Talk on groups of chemicals in the Circular Economy, December 2016
- A talk, “We need a clean circular economy – not a dirty one” by Michael Warhurst at an European Environment Agency expert workshop on “Groups of chemicals in the circular economy” on 1st-2nd December 2016.
Talk on EU Policy on Endocrine Disrupters at the Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters, November 2016
- A talk on “EU policy on Endocrine Disrupters from an environment and health perspective” by Ninja Reineke at the 7th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters, 15 – 16 November 2016.
Talk on addressing chemicals of concern in food contact materials, October 2016
- A talk on “Addressing chemicals of concern in food contact materials – including those made from recycled materials” by Michael Warhurst at the Food Packaging Forum conference on “Modern science to inform regulation of food contact materials in the circular economy” in Zurich, 25th October 2016. For more details, including videos of presentations, see the Food Packaging Forums’s write up.
Talk on Circular Economy and Chemicals at OECD Environment Ministerial Conference, September 2016
- A talk on “Circular economy & chemicals: Problems and Solutions” by Michael Warhurst at the OECD Environment Ministerial Conference in Paris, 29th September 2016.
Talk on Europe’s approach to regulating EDCs at a US conference on 25 years of endocrine disruption research, September 2016
- A talk on “Europe’s approach to regulating EDCs – an NGO perspective” by Ninja Reineke at the US NIEHS conference “25 Years of Endocrine Disruption Research: Past lessons and Future Directions“, September 2016.
Talk on innovation and safer chemicals, at a workshop discussing the planned EU strategy for a non toxic environment, June 2016
- A presentation on “Promoting innovation to safer chemicals” by Michael Warhurst, at an European Commission workshop on the “Strategy for a Non-toxic Environment of the 7th Environment Action Programme (EAP)” on 9th June 2016.
Blog on the EU & chemicals, on Friends of the Earth’s web site, June 2016
- Blog on “What has the EU done to protect us from dangerous chemicals” by Michael Warhurst, on the Friends of the Earth (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) web site as part of a series of blogs as part of the UK referendum on EU membership. A longer version of this blog is on this site.
Talk on chemicals & the circular economy, at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2016
- A presentation “Circular Economy: opportunities and challenges (don’t mess it up)” by Michael Warhurst at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum on 26th May 2016.
Two talks on “Chemical pollution from fracking”, March/April 2016
- Two presentations given by Michael Warhurst on “Chemical pollution from fracking”, the first given at an event in Horsham on 23rd March, the second at an event in Haywards Heath on 16th April. The talks are mainly based on CHEM Trust’s fracking report, but include additional discussion on the possible impacts of a Brexit (i.e. the UK voting on 23rd June 2016 to leave the EU).
Comment piece on “Endocrine disruptors: ‘Better Regulation’ or better public health?”, in Euractiv, 3rd March 2016.
- A comment piece, joint with Health and Environment Alliance, in Euractiv, on “Endocrine disruptors: ‘Better Regulation’ or better public health?“, 3rd March 2016.
Presentation on “Moving towards a circular economy: the role of non toxic material cycles” at the Chemical Watch Business Summit, 23-25th Feb 2016
- A presentation on “Moving towards a circular economy: the role of non toxic material cycles” by Michael Warhurst at the 2016 “Chemical Watch Global Business Summit 2016” on 25th February 2016.
Presentation on regulatory cooperation in TTIP and chemicals at a webinar organised by Corporate Europe Observatory, 14th January 2016
- A presentation on “Regulatory Cooperation and Chemicals” by Ninja Reineke at a webinar organised by Corporate Europe Observatory; see our blog post for more details.
Presentation on clean material cycles at European Environment Agency workshop on the Circular Economy, 29-20th October 2015
- Presentation on “Creating clean material cycles: Problems and Solutions” by Michael Warhurst at the European Environment Agency stakeholder workshop “Transition to a Circular Economy” on 29th October 2015.
Blog for the UK RSA’s “Great Recovery Project”, October 2015
- Blog entitled “How can we create a clean circular economy” by Michael Warhurst for the UK RSA “Great Recovery” project, 5th October 2015.
Presentation on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals at “European Chemicals Policy and Risk Management” conference, Barcelona, 24th September 2015
- Presentation on “Identification of, and action on, endocrine disrupting chemicals” by Michael Warhurst at the CIR European Chemicals Policy and Risk Management conference in Barcelona on 24th September 2015.
Circular economy and chemicals presentation at the Commission’s stakeholder conference on the Circular Economy, 25th June 2015
Talk on circular economy and chemicals given at “Sustainable Standards” event, 24th June 2015
- Presentation entitled “The REACH Regulation – Facilitating resource circularity?” by Michael Warhurst at the UK Sustainability Network for Standardisation annual event 2015.
Comment piece for Chemical Watch, June 2015
- Comment piece entitled “Chemicals and the circular economy” by Michael Warhurst in Chemical Watch Global Business Briefing, June 2015.
Helsinki Chemicals Forum, 28-29th May, 2015
- Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “Towards sustainability: Is green chemistry & engineering delivering?” at the 2015 Helsinki Chemicals Forum. A write up of this conference is available from Chemical Watch.
Comment piece for ENDS Europe, May 2015
- Comment piece entitled “Circular economy needs stronger chemicals laws” by Michael Warhurst in ENDS Europe, 14th May 2015.
Eureau “Water Matters” conference, 25th March 2015
- See speaking notes for Michael Warhurst’s presentation at this event.
Talk at event on REACH & the Circular Economy, 24th March 2015
- See blog by Michael Warhurst about this event, including speaking notes.
EEB 40th Anniversary conference, December 2014
- Presentation by Michael Warhurst on “Pollution, chemicals and health: From inaction to action?” in the parallel session on health, see blog with link to presentation.
UBA REACH Congress 2014, December 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke “Zulassung unter REACH – Beobachtungen aus Sicht einer NGO” – see Presentation (in German).
Chemical Watch regulatory summit, October 2014
- Presentation by Michael Warhurst on “CHEM Trust’s view of REACH Enforcement” – see blog with link to presentation.
5th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters, October 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke on the “NGO view of Endocrine disrupter regulation” – presentation & a write up in their newsletter.
Talk at the Organic Pharmacy Conference, October 2014
- Presentation by Elizabeth Salter Green on “Chemicals in Consumer Products: Are We All ‘Toxic Consumers’?” – presentation & video.
6th Global Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke on “Endocrine Disruptors – Do we need special controls?” – Presentation.